Thursday, December 10, 2009

AC Calendars Hit the STREETS in Macon!

About 2 months ago I contacted 'AC Pup' ...the mascot for the Macon Animal Control shelter...to offer my services in some way to try to help out the shelter. I like to take on projects here and there to help raise money using my photography since I really enjoy helping out worthy causes! I was contacted by "AC Pup" a few weeks after that,  to see if I was still interested in donating my services to do photography of AC to take a few shots for a 2010 Calendar. I couldn't send the answer of YES back quick enough! I was so excited to not only work with a dog but also decided to do 12 different shots to make the calendar. I realized there was an immediate need to get the calendar done and to the printer as soon as possible so they could be sold for Christmas. I told them my ideas and they let me run with it. I had 2 sessions with AC and his mom Tracie VanDeWalker and president of Central GA Cares, Patti Jones, Charlotte Van Hoozen "Grammie", Beth & little Michael Lange and Anne & Birch Sawyer. It was a blast! I have thoroughly enjoyed not only working with AC himself but also absolutely everyone involved with this worthy cause. I created the entire calendar  and they were beautifully printed by Minuteman Press in Macon. Today they FINALLY were delivered and I was so excited to see the finished product. I didn't know whether to cry or jump for joy so I may have done a little of both. :-)

If anyone is interested in this very worthy cause, ALL the proceeds go to the Macon Animal Control Shelter/Central GA CARES and are only $12 each. You can find out more about AC and his awesome special story on Facebook by looking up AC Pup. This special dog was found as a little tiny puppy in a trash bin almost frozen to death- thrown away!!! Luckily the people at Animal Control found him and he's become an incredible ambassador for the shelter and for Macon. Please contact AC Pup on Facebook to get your own calendar or you can just contact me and I'll help you out!

Some people have asked to see the gallery for the calendar. There were only a little over 12 selected, but a lot of fun photos that I am more than glad to share!
Check it out! http://robincookphotography.zenfolio.com/accalendar

Here are a few shots from my first site of the calendars today -  enjoy!






Thank you thank you THANK YOU to everyone for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of this! I hope the calendar sales really help out!!

No comments: