Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Changes are a'comin'

Yes they sure are. I have spent this year refining and DEfining who I am and what I like to photograph and there is just so much more to come. I can't even begin to put it all in words! I have been slowly and quietly knocking off some areas of what I do from my website to put myself in some specific areas and not just be an everything photographer. Oh I will always photograph everything but I feel the need to be specific about what I do best. There are so many good photographers in the area. We have some that are fantastic with newborns, some that excel with weddings, and some that do families better than anyone else. When I first started I thought I should compete because I can do that stuff too but it's become glaringly important that we each have our own specialties and not all try to do the same stuff. Because we are all unique and that's what makes us special. People come to me because I do pinups and glamour and portraits. I also specialize in Real Estate photography because it IS an art. And the final thing I know I am truly good at is with pets...especially dogs... because I know them. So all of this is a part of changes that are coming and they are good changes. I have redefined and am fine tuning what I do so I can continue to evolve into a better artist at what I love doing instead of being pulled in 50 different directions.

Another change that's coming is that I'm going to be doing some larger projects, I don't know who or what for other than because I feel I can and dammit I want to. I hope it leads to commercial work starting next year because I can envision, plan and execute a project and I really love doing it.

And finally- I would like to have a pseudo-name such as something like "Rockin' Robin" or "Red Letter Images"... or something silly like that.

Oh my- there's just so much I want to do! My dreams are huge and I'm ready to live them!

Enjoy a few photos from a shoot I did this weekend for AllSouth Motorsports.








No comments: